Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rollin Rollin Rollin

Getting ready to move is stressful! Especially when you are hundreds of miles away from where you are moving and trying to find an apartment. Like every single apartment that we have tried to get more info about has said that they already sold the contract. And the one complex we really want to get into hasn’t returned my phone message or e-mail. Right now my wonderful Momma is trying to figure out the whole U-haul situation for us. We were going to just put our stuff behind my Dad’s truck on a trailer he has but then he realized that on the way back home he would have an empty trailer behind the truck and that wouldn’t be good. So now they are looking to find how big of a trailer my Dad’s truck can pull and if there are any available for that weekend. What a nice Mom and Dad I have to figure all those things out for us!


And I have to give a shout out to Thomas’ parents as well. They have agreed to exchange cars with us for a while till Thomas finds a job and we can afford to buy a new one. Both of our cars right now are not so great. Neither of them would make it on the trip to Idaho. Thomas has a green 1999 Mercury Sable and mine is a green 1996 Chrysler Sebring. I think we are just going to give his car to the junk yard and mine will be the one we switch with his parents’ Subaru Forester (I don’t know the exact year but it’s in the 2000’s).

I hate not having things planned out, so I’m really trying not to stress. I know Thomas will find a job and I know we will find an apartment. So we just have to keep praying and keep looking.

This week’s mileage has been quite a bit less than last weeks. There was one extra rest day. It kind of freaks me out cause I worry I’m not doing enough. But the workouts I have done of been quality.

Monday: 2x (800 (400 recovery jog), 400 (200 recovery jog), 200 (200 recovery jog), 1200) All at 5K pace with 1200’s at ½ marathon pace.

4.51 miles in 39:45. 8:48 Avg. Pace

Tuesday: OFF

Wednesday: 4 miles with 6X1minute intervals at 5K pace. This was a really good interval kind of workout. Plus I did it by my parents house where the last 1/2mile is a KILLER hill and I made it up without stopping.

4 miles in 34:19. Avg. Pace 8:35

Thursday: 10K (It was supposed to be a race but I hadn’t planned one. Also did it a day early cause we are leaving Friday for Seattle)

Beat my PR! 6.2 miles in 51:21. 8:17 Avg Pace

My PR was 52:44. 8:32 Avg. Pace

Friday: Off

Saturday: 8 miles

I’m excited for this weekend. I’ll do the 8 miles in Seattle, so a new route! We are going with my parents to see my sister and bro-in-law and go to a roller derby!

Ever seen the movie “Whip It”? I really liked it and it helped me understand the rules of roller derby so I’m excited to see it in real life.

4 comments:

  1. Ever get the idea, maybe moving isn't such a good thing. Finish you schooling here and stick around, we don't want you to move anyway!

    But if you have to go, then I wish you good luck. Did you know Emerson is getting married in September?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you moving?

    You sound like you are doing great at your workouts, your pace is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saimi: I saw that Emerson was dating someone but didn't know they were getting married! So exciting!
    RN Mama: We are moving because Thomas, my hubby, graduates on Friday and I need to finish up a year of school in Idaho where I had started before we got married. Oh and I haven't tried the Power Jelly Beans but every kind of energy gel or bites from Powerbar I have liked so I bet they will work great for your duathalon.

    ReplyDelete