Monday, June 14, 2010

Fam time in the summer time


This weekend we got a surprise visit from my sister Briana and her fam.  I can't believe how much baby Alex has changed in the two months since I've seen him! Two months ago he wasn't quite crawling yet and now he is crawling away and can even stand up on his own!

The reason they came up is quite comical.  My mom called them this past Wednesday to ask if they could keep a secret.  She told them my dad was being put into the bishopric at church so it would be nice if they could come up and support him.  Well she had asked Thomas and I if we would go to church with them on Sunday but told us it was because Bea and Ivan were coming to surpise Dad so she wanted us all to be there together.  On Thursday though, my Dad asked Thomas and I "are you guys coming to church with us on Sunday?"  We said yes, but then were wondering how he knew cause it was supposed to be a surprise. 
Saturday once Bea and Ivan had arrived I asked my Dad how he knew we were going to go to church with them and he told me it was cause he was being put in the bishopric. 
A couple hours later one of the high council men (the one who had asked my Dad to accept the calling) showed up to the house.  Thomas and I were downstairs but could hear laughing outside.  A few minutes later my Dad comes downstairs laughing.  He tells us that the high council man was really embarrassed and told him "I made a big mistake! I was supposed to call the OTHER Brother Clement to be in the bishopric!"  There are two Clement families in the ward. 
My Dad laughed and laughed about it.  He was pretty relieved.  He said he kept thinking about what he was going to say in church that Sunday but nothing was coming to him. 
Apparently the high council man was doing some service project earlier that day with some of the church leaders and they asked him "Did you talk to Brother Clement?"  He said he did and then they mentioned something about "Steve".  He was confused and was like "Steve!?" Haha
But thanks to that little mix up we got to see Bea and Ivan and Baby Alex! So no worries :)


Alex was very interested while Thomas was opening his graduation presents.

My Dad's idea for one of Thomas' grad gifts was Pirate's Booty and Tang.  Whenever we are at my parent's house Thomas makes himself a glass of Tang and snacks on Pirate's Booty from Costco.  My Dad officially deamed Pirate's Booty as the official snack of the Clement family.

Thomas also scored us some new padded camping chairs with a built in cooler thingy!

4 comments:

  1. That is super funny about the mix up at church! How nice that you got to see your sister though. What religion are you, just curious, since you kept mentioning "Brother."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, sometimes called Mormon. Ya, sometimes we call each other "Brother" or "Sister" and then the last name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pics of Alex! Thanks for posting! Do you think you could email them to me? It was great to see you guys, I can't wait for you to come to Rexburg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will e-mail them to you no prob Bea!

    ReplyDelete