Saturday, October 21, 2017

Snowmen and pumpkins

We had our first snowfall in October! I’m so nervous about winter here! Everyone says last year they got four feet of snow at once and were snowed in. And apparently kids only had school two days in all of January. Crazy!
This was the second snowfall in October but this time it actually stuck for a few hours. Thomas took Brooklyn out to build a snowman.



Afterwards I had hot chocolate ready for them.

Then they carved pumpkins. This was the first year Brooklyn was able to really carve and clean out the pumpkin guts. I always let Thomas help with that. I just don’t like getting messy nor do I have the patience for carving. I provided the drinks and the Halloween ambience music and took pictures.









Later in the day it was Mommy/Brooky time so we went to the library lego time and then made pumpkin spice bread together.


2 comments:

  1. Your little Brooklyn is so sweet and adorable! I can't believe you guys had enough snow to build a snowman but what a fun thing to do especially topping it off with a cup of hot chocolate! The pumpkins turned out great as the pumpkin spice bread I'm sure! I've heard of story time in the library, but how fun to have lego's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the sweetest having hot chocolate ready for them when they walk in!! I love pumpkin carving but with babies, no thanks!

    ReplyDelete