Sunday, October 8, 2017

Brooklyn Starts Kindergarten

I was more nervous for Brooklyn to start kindergarten than she was.  She was excited to ride the bus but I wasn’t quite ready for her to do that. The first week I took her to school and the second week I let her ride the bus to school and halfway through the second week I let her ride the bus home. Luckily her bus driver assigns them seats so she has all the little kids sit in the front and Brooklyn really likes Jerick, a boy friend, who she sits next to her on the bus. The reason I was nervous about the bus was because I just didn’t know how she would know to get off the bus and If for her bus driver would keep track of what stop Brooklyn was supposed to get off at. But it’s been great.

Brooklyn has two teachers, one teaches in the morning, Mrs. Reif, and the other teaches in afternoon, Mrs. Allen. She loves going to PE, library,  and music. 

She made an instant best friend named Kaylee. They’ve already had quite a few play dates and I’ve made friends with Kaylee’s mom which is nice. 

The school she goes to is relatively small so all the staff knows all the students names. And so far we’ve had a really good experience. I was nervous because it was full day kindergarten and she was going from preschool 2 1/2 hours three days a week to then a full day of kindergarten but she has just loved it.










1 comment:

  1. I feel like she's to young to go to school, I don't know where the time goes!!!

    ReplyDelete