Friday, December 7, 2012

Our Lil' Fam's Thanksgiving Meal Together

I was a little bummed that Thomas and I didn't have a chance to sit down and really enjoy a Thanksgiving meal together.  To remedy the situation I decided to make our own Thanksgiving meal the following weekend.  I had been wanting to try out some recipes anyway so it gave me a good excuse.  We got a small Butterball turkey, made homemade cranberry sauce, candied yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, and then poppped some pre-made frozen rolls in the oven.
Photobucket
 I know I have had candied yams and cranberry sauce that I like but I wasn't a huge fan of the ones I made this year. The sauce was a little too sour (probably because I made a healthified version that didn't have any sugar) and the yams too sweet. But the rest of the meals was oh so yummy and it came together pretty quick. I love having Thomas around to help prepare food because he doesn't mind doing the slicing and dicing which is the part I hate. We make a good team. Brooklyn sat next to us in her chair and was happy as a clam so we all were able to enjoy a nice meal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment