Friday, December 7, 2012

Brooklyn's First Thanksgiving

Saturday before Thanksgiving we headed to Yakima to help my mom paint.  Brooklyn had some good Nana and Pops time.

PhotobucketPhotobucket>

That Tuesday we did a mock Thanksgiving feast at Old Country Buffet with Thomas' parents, my parents, Grandpa Clement, and niece Lexi.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket Afterwards my parents and I continued the tradition of seeing a movie after the Thanksgiving meal and went to see Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2. Loved it! It finished up the series so well.

On actual Thanksgiving Day we started off with a Turkey Trot I had planned. I made an event for it on Facebook and Thomas handed out fliers at work. And.... we were the only ones to show up. Haha.  Oh well.  Looking on the bright side of things, we were glad we had made the commitment to go out and get some exercise (and we didn't have to pay any money for it) and we want to make it a tradition on Thanksgiving morning. Photobucket



We tagged along with our friends Dan and Lyndsay Howell to Dan's sister's house to celebrate with their family.  They were all so nice and inviting I totally felt at ease.  Thomas could only stay for about an hour before he had to leave for work.  Brooklyn and I stuck around.  She helped me not overindulge by keeping me on my toes and from eating much at all :) Poor baby was exhausted and couldn't sleep with all the action going on.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Brooky's outfit, particularly her cool rays! Good for you guys for going ahead with the Turkey Trot even though it was just you! Can I participate next time we have Thanksgiving together?

    ReplyDelete