Friday, December 7, 2012

Brooklyn 6 Months

Photobucket Photobucket Oh my goodness! How has it been half a year since this little girl came into our lives!!!??? Everybody warns you when you are going to have a baby that it goes by too fast and they are so very very right.  On Brooklyn's 6 month birthday I was feeling super nostalgic so I put on the no slip grip socks I had gotten at the hospital and I looked through the blog book pages of when she was born.

Photobucket

Some noteworthy things about Brooklyn at 6 months:

1) This little girl just babbles and babbles and smiles away.
Photobucket
 2) I love catching her looking at me and then the BIG smile I get.
Photobucket
3) She is getting so good at sitting on her own.  I still need to be close-by cause she is a little wobbly.
4) Stats: 14.62lbs (18th percentile), 24.75 inches (7th percentile), 16 inch head circumference (15th percentile)
5) Brooklyn is VERY attached to Mama.  If I leave her sight she starts crying the saddest little cry.  We were at the grocery store the other day  and I was pushing her stroller and stopped for a minute and she couldn't feel me pushing so she thought I had left her and the tears just welled up in her eyes and as soon as she saw me she was fine.  It's really hard for me to leave her because I know it's hard for her and whoever is watching her cause she will cry for a good 45 minutes straight :( What can you do? They say that good or bad everything is a stage so we'll just go with that.
6) Brooklyn loves our neighbor girl Maha.  Whenever Maha comes over she is all smiles.

Photobucket
7) She has FINALLY slept through the night!! And it's been all my fault that she hasn't been sooner.  I had been feeding her about every 2 hours cause I would get nervous that she was hungry and didn't know any better.  I was reading some online forums at babycenter.com about getting your baby to sleep through the night and somebody suggested that if your baby is snacking throughout the day they will do the same at night. So I decided to try feeding her every 3 hours and keeping her up for two hours at a time rather than only one.  And lo and behold that very same night she only woke up once to eat.  Then I switched to every four hours and she slept for eleven hours straight!!!!!!!!! Two days after I had read that comment and implemented those things I got from the library per recommendation of my sister and aunt the book "The Baby Sleep Solution". And it says the same thing get your baby to eat every four hours during the day and they will sleep through the night. WHY didn't somebody tell me this!?!?! It was the easiest fix ever.  Oh well sometimes we just learn through trial and error (and google searches).
8) Her bottom two teeth came in! I didn't even really notice she was teething.  But one day she grabbed my hand and stuck my fingers in my mouth as if to say "Feel these mom!" And there were to little teeth popping through her gums.
9) Wearing 6 month clothes and size 1-2 diapers.  
10) Eats rice cereal, peas, and carrots.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment