Friday, December 7, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

This past Saturday there was a Christmas tree lighting downtown at an outdoor plaza called The Grove.  We took Brooklyn all bundled up and in the baby jogger.  There were a ton of people but it felt very small community'ish.  When we first got to the plaza we were handed candles and asked someone to "give us a light" haha.  There was a really great band singing and playing Christmas carols that we sang and danced along with. At 6:30pm they lit the huge tree in the middle. It felt so festive. Photobucket When we got home we all got in our Christmas pajamas. We decided that rather than open Christmas pj's Christmas Eve we would open them right after Thanksgiving so we could enjoy them the whole Christmas season. Brooklyn's were the only Christmas themed ones. We put Brooky Bear to bed and got out the Christmas decorations and started decorating the tree to the sound of Michael Buble's Christmas CD. Each year I have gotten a few more decorations to our tree but stuck to the same theme. Our tree has gotten more and more full of decorations and I love it. My two favorite ornaments this year are the Baby's First Christmas ornament I made for Brooklyn and the Orphanage Support Services Organization ornament I ordered to help support one of the orphanages down in Ecuador. Photobucket My husband always knows how to make me laugh Photobucket Brooklyn's First Christmas tree ornament Photobucket The final product. Photobucket The next morning I sat Brooklyn in front of the tree to get her reaction. I'm actually surprised she isn't more mesmerized by the lights and sparkly ornaments.

1 comment:

  1. Your husband always knows how to make US laugh too! Remind me to bring the decoration I made for your tree when we come. Brooklyn may not have been wow-ed by her first glimpse of the tree, but she still seems to be darn happy about it! BTW, Hooray for blog updates!

    ReplyDelete