Sunday, August 28, 2011

Alex's 2nd Birthday

Last weekend was my first nephew's 2nd birthday!! I love that little boy SO much! I am so grateful to have been able to see him grow up.  It was amazing just seeing how much he has grown in his personality and physically in his second birthday versus his first birthday.

He had his friends at this party that he interacted with and played with in the kiddy pool and on the slip and slide.  He opened presents.  He hit the pinata.  Last year when the Elmo pinata head was knocked off he just burst into tears.  Haha silly boy.  He received tons of cars and trucks which are his favorite things right now.
I love my parents backyard and the view.

Look at that big boy!

On Sunday my mom was sneaking into his room to grab some monster trucks to put in the bag for church so he could be entertained.  Alex immediately opened his eyes as she was opening the toy chest to get the trucks out and said "Monster Trucks!!!" He says it so darn cute and probably says it hundreds of times a day. 
My dad has a red Ford truck and Alex calls it "Pop's monster truck". My dad will back it in and out of the garage with Alex on his lap and Alex thinks it is the coolest thing EVER. 
Alex calls me "Oso" which means bear in Spanish. The story behind that is my dad would call me "little bear" growing up cause apparently when I was born I looked like a little bear. Then when I was in college I went to volunteer in orphanges in Ecuador and the program was called Osso. So then somehow I started being called Tia Oso.  So Alex just calls me Oso :) He calls Thomas "Tomas" the Spanish way of saying it. 
My mom said that a few days after we left she was downstairs with Alex when somebody walked in the door. He immediately thought it was my dad and said "Pops!" but my mom said "No it's Mommy and Daddy". So that got him thinking of all the people he knew and started saying "Mommy, Daddy, Pops, Oso, Tomas". 
Love that little guy!! He's so smart and I love the stage he is at. 
His birthday was a cars theme.  My sister did a cute little photo op with the kids and a toy car and checkered flag background.  The kids all had a great time playing in the water and the adults enjoyed ourselves chatting while watching the cute kiddos.



Is he not the most perfect gentleman!
Bea also did the cake and my mom did the cupcakes.  My sister Bea has started a photography business and all the pictures are taken by her and are so great.  She captured the day perfectly.

And I can't wait to see this little guy grow up and develop his little personality too.  He is such a cute laid back little cuddle bug so far and we love him. Alex calls him "baby Emmett-t-t". He repeats the "t" sound a few times at the end and it's adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment