Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday Night Date Night

Thomas and I finally got a Friday night date night.  Usually he works every Friday so that is my day to get all my homework done for the weekend.  It was a fun change to be able to go out with all the other date night couples.  Thomas worked a LOT of overtime this week so it was some much needed time together.
First we headed to the Rexburg temple for a session between my 9am and 2pm Friday classes.
After my 2pm class we did a little apartment cleaning together and put together a lasagna for when we got back from our date. We also put in my new Jillian 6 Week 6 Pack DVD which I wanted Thomas to try out.  We just did level one and we were both sweating afterwards.  It felt great.
For our date we decided to go to the hot springs that we always pass when we go snowboarding at Targhee.
The place is called Green Canyon Hot springs and it looks pretty dumpy when you first get there.
This picture was taken in the spring, cause right now there is still lots of snow. Inside there is a big pool where most of the kids and families hang out.  It was actually really warm (96 degrees) and felt awesome.  They have a really tall basketball hoop that hangs from the rafters.

There was a pretty intense game of basketball going on and I noticed one of my students playing :) It was fun to see him outside of school, although I'm sure it was weird for him.  I remember always being embarrassed when I saw my teachers outside of school.
Then out side in this little connected green house area there is the hot pool.  It is really hot (105 degrees) but felt so good!

In the corner there is a freezing cold dipping pool.  There were a bunch of people dipping there whole bodies in the cold pool and then running into the hot pool.  I attempted that but got to my ankles and backed out because it was soooo cold! Then when I hurried back to the hot pool my feet stung like crazy! I don't know how they did it. The cold pool is 55 degrees.
After our relaxing time at Green Canyon we were starving.  We didn't have the patience to wait to cook the lasagna we had made ahead of time so we stopped at Little Caesar's for there large $5 pepperoni pizza.  And my sweet lover boy was even hungry enough to stop at The Cocoa Bean cupcake shop to get cupcakes.  I got the carrot cake and he got the ultimate brownie.

Both were delish.  All together our date was only $21!!
So here is a random memory.  This last summer we went to The Cocoa Bean and were waiting for our order when Thomas looked over at the merchandise display and saw these shirts that said "I heart Cupcakes".  He turns to me and says "I should get you one of those for your birthday".  For some reason I was super cranky and was so insulted and told him "Why would I want THAT?.  Then I'll look like a fat girl." My poor hubby, he was totally just trying to be nice.  I think at that point he realized I was being a little crank pot and just got his cell phone out and played a game on it till I had some yummy cupcake in my belly and my spirit was renewed again :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha, you're so funny. I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the carrot cake one was my favorite ever! Love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I Love how you got it all done for $21! Sounds like me and my husband. We get creative so we don't get in an overpriced date night slump (although those aren't always that bad either....) I could totally go for one of those cupcakes! The carrot cake looks delish.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    B.

    thatgirlinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete