Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Juicing

My oldest sister, Erin, mentioned that she got a juicer and I was intrigued.  Like everybody else who has jumped on the juice wagon I watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and decided to purchase a Breville Juicer.  I had told Thomas when we first had Brooklyn that I don't want her to be one of those kids who always has to have some sugary juice.  Milk and water in this house.  But lucky for her now that we have a juicer she can drink all the fresh veggie and fruit juice that she wants.  I try to go 50/50 veggie to fruit ratio or even more on the veggies.  The big reason I wanted the juicer was so that we would be getting more nutrients from veggies.
 photo DSCF1112_zps713fce2d.jpg
Look at those lil hands!!! Mmmmmmm!! I want to eat them.
 photo DSCF1113_zps69d492f2.jpg
Her face doesn't show how much she really does like them.  In fact if we have one and don't share she gets pretty ticked.
We are all big fans and love coming up with new combos. This one Brooklyn and I shared had parsley, carrots, a grapefruit, pear, and apple, it was delish.

3 comments:

  1. this is a GREAT idea. I use to do this until my blender broke. A juicer.. I'm gonna get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little hands say "my turn, my turn". Hmm I wonder if we could convert Dad? Russ made some obscure slimy stuff in theirs while we were visiting and unfortunately I don't think it helped Dad to 'see the light'. lol This would be great to make for Grandpa too since he doesn't get much nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa has really enjoyed the juices we've made and said he'd like to get a juicer. He's eating 3 meals a day here.

    ReplyDelete