Friday, June 8, 2012

Hormonal

Yesterday was a hormonal post-partum day.  I love this little girl so much and just feel bad putting her down at all even when she is asleep.  Now she has gotten use to it and if you put her down even if she is fast asleep she will wake up.  Luckily at night she is a champ and we have gotten her to sleep in her pack-n-play most of the night.
Brooky Bear found her thumb.

I cried yesterday when Thomas got home from work cause I hadn't been able to get anything done because my arms were holding a little one all day.
Then I cried again when she wanted to eat every hour for three consecutive hours because it hurts so extremely bad when she first latches on.
Thomas is such a good hubby.  When he got home he took Brooklyn and told me to get our for a bit and grab some ice cream or something.  So I drove to Albertson's and just that ten minutes or so out of the house helped. 
Each night around 11pm is when Brooklyn goes to bed and he will stay up and rock her and in the mornings too he will get up with her and let me sleep a little longer.
This morning he had pulled up an article for me to look at called "Breastfeeding: How long does it hurt?".  Haha it made both of us feel better that it's normal and it will end. 
Today we went on a little walk to the park before Thomas had to go to work.  We put Brooklyn in the Snugli and she did pretty good, fussed a bit but then passed out.  I've tried the Moby Wrap for around the house but she doesn't seem to like it.  This little one just loves her momma's arms :)
And little Miss Brooklyn lost her umbilical stump this morning.  Thomas was getting her dressed and asked me if I knew she lost it.  I hadn't noticed in the night and he found the little stump in her pajamas (yucky!).  Now we can see her cute little belly button.

3 comments:

  1. Blaine never liked the newborn hold with the Moby wrap, but he loves the kangaroo hold with his arms and legs out the side. You might want to give that a try. That was the absolute only way I could get things done when he was first born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you are a wonderful mother for trying to be a mother! It's such hard work but it's so rewarding!! You're doing a wonderful job so give yourself a break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man Lindz, that sounds so hard. It's good it is just a step in the path. I will keep you in my prayers. I love that you can see her belly button and her stump is gone. XO

    ReplyDelete