Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Halloween-ie weekend

My very first post was about a year ago and it was about our halloweenie weekend going to the corn maze in our hometown and carving pumpkins at my parents house.  Crazy that a year has past!
This weekend we had a really fun Friday night at my sister Bea's apartment.  She invited a few other couples over and we had pizza and carved pumkins and watched a "scary" movie.  I say scary cause it really wasn't very scary and the ending was a total letdown.  The movies was called "The Hauntining of Molly Hartly".  We loved carving pumpkins.  There were like 7 pumpkins all together and we spread out newspaper on the floor and got to work.


One of the most fun parts of the night was trying to take pictures with the self timers on our cameras.  But after a lot of tries we got some good ones.




I think only one person free handed it, the rest of us traced ours and then cut them out.  We now have our pumpkins outside of our apartment door and everytime I go to the door I say to Thomas "I like our pumpkins." 

Every year Thomas likes to make a pumpkin and have its guts coming out of the mouth like it's throwing up. 

The first pumkin is a dragon, second smiley face, third a vampire cat.
On Saturday we got up around 8:30am to go to the gym. I went to a class called "Abs that rock"  with a friend while Thomas went and lifted weights and rode the bike.  I liked the class it definetly works your abs and is a lower key workout.  I like to have a little cardio mixed in so afterwards I ran some hills on the treadmill for about a mile. 
After the gym we stopped by to pick up our co-op bountiful basket.  I was so excited because there were some pomegranets in there! I love pomegranets. 
That afternoon we went to a competitive leauge football game.  It reminded us both of a highschool game.  It kind of weirded me out to because the last time I went to one was when I was a freshman and watching my then boyfriend play.  And what do you know there he was playing on one of the teams we were watching.  Weird.  I got a little bored of the game by the fourth quarter so I whipped out the second book in the "Hunger Games" trilogy.  It was fun to be out in the fall weather and be spending time with my babes. 
That night we were planning on going to the haunted mill but I was way tired and didn't feel like paying $10 each to go.  So we made some minestrone soup and went over to my sister Bea's to watch a movie.  They have a Wii and so get live Netflix streaming.  I've been really wanting to watch the Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog"  and everybody obliged.  I really liked the movie and so did Thomas.  Nothing like a good Disney movie. 
I am loving this weekend. We haven't been home for like 3 weekends in a row.  I try to get all my homework done during the weekend so I can enjoy the weekends and it feels great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment