Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Wells Month 1



Dislikes:
-Carseat (the first couple weeks he was so sleepy it didn't bother him, we thought we were in luck.  I've learned to not judge a baby by the first two weeks of life.  They all seem laid back and easy cause they sleep 23 hours a day!) But I will say he isn't as bad as Brooklyn was in the car.  She would literally scream the whole time in the car.  Wells will usually last about 10 minutes of screaming and then fall asleep.  It helps so much to have Brooklyn in the back seat with him.  She will put his binky in and sing to him and is so sweet.
-Baths




Likes:
-Nursing (For the first month he was having marathon nursing sessions.  Literally 1-2 hours at a time.)
-Sleeping (He sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time at night.)
-Tummy time



















Fun facts:
- 5 day appointment 8.13lbs 62nd percentile, 20.25 inches 65th percentile, head circumference 14 inch 69th percentile
-At Wells' two week appointment he was 8.82lbs.  64th percentile, 21 inches 79th percentile, 14.5 inches head circumference 84th percentile
-By the end of the month he was out of his newborn clothes.
-For the first week or so did the cutest little snorts when he cried. We called him Wellsy Snort Snort.  When Brooklyn first met him she thought it was so funny and we told her she was Brooky Toot Toot cause when she was first born she had the stinkiest little toots.


Breastfeeding this time has gone much better but still had some pain the first 6 weeks or so.  The left side just seems to produce more and I'm not sure if that was part of the problem or... ?
I had the doctor check his tongue at his two week appointment and he was 80% tongue tied so he clipped it.  Didn't see too much of a difference immediately afterwards. We went to a lactation consultant around 3 weeks I think and she checked to see that his latch was good and it was.  She suggested I get my milk checked for yeast and get a prescription for Newman's ointment. So I went to my Ob's office and had my milk checked (no yeast) but a few day after using the Newman's ointment the pain was pretty much gone!

2 comments:

  1. He is so darn sweet!! I could just squeeze him!!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best blogger, likes, dislikes and fun facts and the most fun pictures ever. I'm so glad I know you! He's truly darling, I'm sorry about the pain! I like to feed on my right side over my left but sometimes my milk pours into her mouth and she's like gulp gulp gag. So fun!

    ReplyDelete