Thursday, February 16, 2017

St. George Weekend

This weekend Brooklyn and I went to stay with Thomas in St. George where he is doing his pediatrics rotation.  It feels so good to get away from every day life for a bit.

We arrived Friday night just as Thomas was getting home from the clinic.  We headed to a Peruvian Restaurant that had lots of vegetarian options.  (I've drastically cut back on eating meat since reading research on meat eating and cancer.  I will still eat it but maybe once or twice a month).  This restaurant was so tasty! Afterwards Thomas took us to Nielsen's for frozen custard.  Ever since we lived in Rexburg we have been looking for a good frozen custard place and Nielsen's hit the nail on the head.  We ended up going again the next day, it was that good.



Thomas applied for a scholarship that provides housing for clinical rotations in areas of rural Utah and so the place he is staying at is through the scholarship.  It is a studio apartment that is super old and seems to be low income housing for the elderly or people with disabilities.  But he doesn't have to pay anything so that's awesome.  There was a little cot for Brooklyn to sleep on and a pull out sofa for Thomas and I. Saturday night/early morning Thomas and I were both woken up by screaming and crying.  A woman downstairs was screaming at someone to get the f$$$ out and there was a child just crying and crying.  It was SO sad! I was about to go downstairs and ask if I could take the child for her because it was just heartbreaking that they had to hear that and be around it.  Thomas thought he saw police lights or we were going to call the police.  Thomas had mentioned that he had also heard noises before that sounded like a couple having sex and the lady kept saying the man's name and asking him to stop.

Anyways... besides that it was a really great trip. Each night after we put Brooklyn to bed we would share headphones and watch American Crime Story: The OJ Simpson Trial on the tablet together.

Saturday I woke up nauseated and ended up throwing up again!! I'm 23 weeks and still throwing up! I thought I could go off the Diclegis but I guess not.  I ended up feeling fine the rest of the day thankfully.  We went to the children's museum, bowling, to lunch, back to the children's museum, and then out to dinner that night.








Sunday we went to Pioneer Park for some hiking around the red rocks, then to the Desert Gardens, then back to Thomas' place to relax a bit before Brooklyn and I headed home.


















Our fingers are crossed that Thomas' rotation for March will be here in the area so he can be at home during the week.  As it is we are enjoying our time together on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment