Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey Trot Relay

This race we participated in this past weekend was the first relay I have done outside of high school track.  Each of our four team members ran two miles and then would pass the baton with the timing chip to the next team member.  Along the route there were rubber chickens. If you found one you got some kind of prize.  Also, the winner of the race wasn't the first team to finish but the team that finished the closest to their predicted finish time.  All members of the winning team got a free 20lb turkey. The team that won was less than a second off of their predicted time.  We were about two minutes off which I thought was pretty darn good.
 photo IMG_1507_zps8da51a8d.jpg
Our team.
 photo IMG_1509_zps8259f62b.jpg
Our team name was "Save the turkeys eat BEEF"
 photo THomas2_zps739303f6.jpg
Go Tommy Boy!
 photo Lindseybig_zps6492fd31.jpg
About to pass off the baton.
Our team members included myself, Thomas, Rebecca (another Team Beef member), and her friend Jennifer.  It was fun meeting these two ladies and getting in a fun run.

2 comments:

  1. Okay first of all you look great running. I look so gross running. Second if I can get into shape I would love to do something like this with you. I use to be a runner. If I can only convince myself I still am Im in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise, I usually look so bad running too! I need a running buddy for next spring. I'd love to run with you when you are ready. And I love that you comment on the blog it makes me happy! Thank you.

      Delete