Friday, September 27, 2013

Fit One 5K

I participated in the Fit One 5K this year.  Previously it was called the St. Luke's Women's Celebration and I had run it two times before this.  I absolutely love the course.  You start out right in front of the capitol building and run up to the Boise Train Depot where a group of bagpipers greet you.  This year instead of a bunch of men in tuxedo tops and shorts lining the finishing chute there were people in scrubs (wah-wah-wah). 
The weather was absolutely perfect.  The race has different start times and waves.  I was in the red comptetitve wave.  There were also a stroller wave, family wave, and non-competitve wave.  My wave went first which was so nice because there wasn't a big crowd and we had lots of volunteers ready to cheer us on and offer support.  It was also easy for me to see Thomas and Brooklyn as I passed by.
I really haven't been running more than once a week so didn't have high expectations. I was hoping to have my miles be under 9 minutes.  I ended up running and average pace of 8:05 and finished in 25:05, a very pleasant surprise. Most surprising was that I came in 2nd in my age group.
Lisa Jordan @lisasEYEview: FITONE RACE - 5K & 9K &emdash; LEV_FITONE-4760
At the very start of the race
Lisa Jordan @lisasEYEview: FITONE RACE - 5K & 9K &emdash; LEV_FITONE-4761
I love the people behind me.
Lisa Jordan @lisasEYEview: FITONE RACE - FINISH LINE PHOTOS &emdash; MC_FITONE-8451
The final stretch
Lisa Jordan @lisasEYEview: FITONE RACE - FINISH LINE PHOTOS &emdash; MC_FITONE-8452
I've always done this weird head tilt when I am really pushing hard at the end of the race.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Linds! You are such a little skinny mini! I love that picture with those ladies behind you!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete