Tuesday, September 10, 2013

4 year anniversary

Our anniversary fell on a Thursday this year which is Thomas' busiest day of the week, so we planned a night out on the following Saturday.

Even still, Thomas rode his bike home during his hour break between classes and work to bring me flowers.  Red roses and white carnations, our wedding colors.  So thoughtful.

One of our neighbors has a little four year old and 4 month old that Brooklyn likes to play with and she kindly offered to watch her for us.  I like leaving Brooklyn with people who have kids, it's so much fun for her.

 photo IMG_0911_zpse7c22329.jpg
Happy 4 years Baby!
Thomas and I went to try out Dave and Buster's for dinner and arcade games.  Thomas was in heaven with the HUGE t.v. screens playing every possible football game.  We decided to split an appetizer, entree, and dessert so we could have all three and we were so stuffed!

 photo IMG_0898_zps77fd2fa1.jpg
Dinner
I remember as a kid thinking that arcades were SO much fun and loving getting their little prizes.  We definitely enjoyed playing the games (my fave was the air hockey) and having time just the two of us.

 photo IMG_0900_zpsa0cab557.jpg
Giant connect four game.
 photo IMG_0903_zps0aec1f2f.jpg
The classic basketball game.
I think this past year has definitely been the hardest we have experienced together.  It's so hard not spending much time together because of work and school.  We both have faith that even though it is hard it will totally be worth it.  I am SO proud of Thomas and his hard work.  He never complains about being tired from going to school full time and working full time.  He will stay up late on Friday nights just to get all of his homework done so he can enjoy the weekends with Brooklyn and I.  He knows that by the weekends I am so burnt out of doing dishes and cooking and will usually make sure to do a load of dishes and cook a meal for us. He is my shoulder to cry on.  He is such an amazing Dad to Brooklyn and an amazing husband to me.  I am so lucky!

3 comments:

  1. Awe Happy Anniversary!! You guys are such a darling looking couple I'm glad you had some time to yourselves to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I hadn't read your blog since July! What great pictures and fun activities. Love seeing my sweet Boise family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! Jared and I have been in that phase for the last 4.5 years and are just slowly coming out of it. It will be so.worth it. Congrats on the anniversary! !

    ReplyDelete