Thursday, May 16, 2013

My First Mother's Day

This month of May I have been reflecting so much on last year at this time.  I've been reminiscing about being extremely pregnant with Brooklyn and the anticipation and then her birth (which we will be celebrating in just a week and a half!).
I kind of loved that besides my husband cooking meals and buying me presents, to Brooklyn it was just an ordinary day of me being her mom.  She ripped my brand new necklace off my neck within the first few minutes of church and broke one of the links (it was fixable), she had a huge blowout at church that took about 15 minutes to clean up, and she still needed to be fed and played with and loved and put to bed.  And you know what? I loved it. I love being needed by her for her everyday needs.  It makes me laugh that she is so young and already loves bling so much that she yanked my necklace off.  And another blowout is just another blowout and no big deal. 
Being a mom is a job and like any job there are good days and bad days.  But the good days are way better than any good days at any other job.  When my little early bird wakes me up at 6:30am happy and ready for the day, even though I am tired, I think in my head how waking up to her is way better than any alarm waking me up to go to work outside the home. 
The first thing in my prayers I mention everyday is how grateful I am for my little girl and ask Heavenly Father to continue to bless her in her health and development and I pray for guidance that I can be aware of what she needs from me as her mother. 
 photo DSCF0163_zps71b29a61.jpg
Love at first sight!
Love being this little one's mom!

1 comment:

  1. Aww. You're the best little mama. And I can't believe it's almost Brooklyn's birthday!

    ReplyDelete