Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

This year for Christmas I went up to Washington a week sooner than Thomas since he had to work and I was already out of school and didn't want to just be sitting around with him gone most of the day.
My mom and Bea (and Emmett) came and picked me up in Boise and we all headed back to Yakima.
I got to spend a lot of time with my little nephews and I loved that.  They are both so darn cute I can't handle it.  Some of my favorite things Emmett would do was his big smile whenever I came in the room and said "Hi Mr. Emmett-t-t." (Alex used to repeat the "T" sound on Emmett when he was younger.) Alex heard my mom burp once and say excuse me and then he would make a fake burping sound and say "Excuse me's".  We laughed pretty hard at that one so of course then he would do it over and over again.  I also loved taking Alex outside to play and when birds would fly by he'd say "1,2,3 birds! (even if there were more) Bye, bye birds see ya later." He is also learning to say "No, thank you".  So when you ask for a hug or a kiss he will say "NO! No, thank you."  It's pretty darn cute, but frustrating too cause you just want to lay a big wet one on him but have to respect his politeness.
I thought I was done with all the throwing up but I think traveling might throw me off because I had one whole day of not being able to keep anything down and then two other days of throwing up in the mornings.  Now that I'm home I've just felt naseaus in the mornings but haven't thrown up.  Overall though I'm feeling a million and a half times better than before.
Thomas got me a pass to the gym that is like a three minute walk from our house and I have actually had the energy to go and workout.  Today I tried the kickboxing class.  The instructor was this ripped guy wearing spandex shorts with his junk very noticable and a wife beater.  When he would show us the kicks agains the punching bag it was so loud and intimidating.  I ended up being his partner cause everybody else had one and I was a little scared I might get kicked by him haha.  I made sure to let him know I was preggo :) I am excited to try out the yoga and zumba classes as well.
We ended up celebrating Christmas as on 30th since Thomas didn't get to Yakima til the 29th. Surprisingly, it really wasn't a big deal to wait and it just made the holiday season stretch a little further.
For New Years Eve we had Thomas' mom and another couple and their kids over for games.  I didn't make it til midnight.
I was able to go and celebrate Christmas with Thomas' family (Thomas was still in Boise) by having a nice dinner and then his parents got everybody presents.  I loved getting a little giraffe seat for the nursery it made me even more excited for a little baby to get here.
Thomas and I got to go out with Sandee my MIL one day and shop for fabric for the baby's room.  She will be making pillows, a valance, and the crib skirt.  We are decorating the nursery in greys, yellows, whites, and blacks so even though we don't know the gender yet (we find out Monday!) it will be gender neutral.
On our way back to Boise we finished the second book of the Hunger Games trilogy on CD.  We really enjoy listening to books on CD now as we travel it helps the time go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment