Thursday, January 14, 2016

Urban Park and Build-a-Bear

The day after Christmas we headed to downtown Dallas to visit the urban park.  This day and a few other days of our visit it was in the 70's! We really felt like we were on vacation with the warm weather.  It was warm enough this day for the kids to eat ice cream and Brooklyn got down to her undies to run through the fountain area.





After the park we headed to the mall for Brooklyn to get her Build-a-Bear stuffed that she had gotten for Christmas.  While we were in the mall everyone started getting text message alerts that there was a tornado warning and to take cover! So we waited it out in the mall.  Vona kept Brooky company while we waited in a LOOOONG line at Build-a-Bear.







 Afterwards we went upstairs to the carousel where I promptly started getting the chills and could not stop shivering.  Turns out I had strep! I was bummed cause the next day was Nellie's baby blessing and I was too sick and still contagious to go.


2 comments:

  1. I love catching up on your blog, especially since I'm off FB. Brooklyn is such a doll!! I'm glad your Texas trip was so great!! We ended up flying to Portland on Christmas and I agree Penny was at a great age for flying. So glad you guys are doing well!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tess, It is really fun to catch up on blogs and it is so fun to hear your thoughts, TORNADO, SCARY! I am grateful they send warnings to phones, great idea.

    ReplyDelete