Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 2 Thanksgiving in Boise

Day 2 was Thanksgiving Day and Thomas and I started it off by participating in the Turkey Day 5K for the third year in a row.
I was going for a personal best and got a personal best by a minute on that particular course and was really happy with my performance. It was FREEZING! I really thought I was getting frost bite on my hands.  We ran into some friends before the race and had a great time.










When we got back to Harold and Sandee's we helped out a bit with the meal preparations and enjoyed a great meal.






It was so nice to just be able to relax and read and enjoy time with family and have Brooklyn be entertained by her grandma :).

That evening we went to Winter Garden Aglow at the Botanical Gardens. In previous years we have gone later in December but it was nice going on Thanksgiving evening because it wasn't as crowded.  We did miss out on visiting Santa since he doesn't show up til December but I think Brooklyn was grateful.  So glad we could carry on this family tradition even though we don't live in Boise anymore.













1 comment:

  1. CUTE turkey and way to look fab when you are running. How fun, to have a grandma entertain. I am impressed with you blogging updates!

    ReplyDelete