Thursday, October 23, 2014

Hike Table Rock

 photo IMG_5120_zps7ae4fd36.jpg
We borrowed a hiking backpack child carrier so that could attempt to hike as a family up Table Rock this past weekend.  I say attempt because whenever we have tried before with Brooklyn she cries in the Ergo so that we either turn around early or Thomas will go back and play with her at the park while I finish the hike to the top.
Brooklyn started to fuss at the beginning about wanting to walk but we ignored and distracted her with pointing things out along the way. She liked stopping to pick berries from the bushes.  She was also highly entertained by imagining that she was a zebra and Thomas was Diego and I was Dora the Explorer and we had to carry her to the top to get medicine to fix her (the zebra's) leg. Thomas made up that whole scenario and it worked like a charm.  She's still talking about being a zebra and Daddy being Diego.
 photo IMG_5124_zpsf8bfffc7.jpg
Thomas and I took turns wearing her on the way up and it was a killer workout!
At the top we witnessed someone being proposed to and it reminded me of Thomas proposing when we were on a hike.
Being out in nature is such a mood enhancer for me.  Even when I feel like being lazy around the house if I get out into nature I always feel such a mood boost.
 photo IMG_5114_zps85e8f95e.jpg Love the view over Boise from this hike and love that it is just a 10 or so minute drive from our place.  photo IMG_5111_zps8d9a6ada.jpg  photo IMG_5118_zpse3d6e71a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment