Thursday, September 18, 2014

YMCA trail run

At the end of August I participated in another trail run.  This one was held up at the ski mountain nearby, Bogus Basin.  The race was supposedly 4.5 miles but it ended up being 4.35.  I was kind of disappointed in the race and don't think I would run it again unless they made some big changes.  First of all the course was three laps.  We were up in the mountains with plenty of space and they had us doing laps? Second they didn't have someone telling trail runners who weren't doing the duathlon when to turn for our second lap so myself and another runner ended up going further than we needed too and then turn back around. It probably tagged on an extra quarter mile which isn't a huge deal but kind of annoying.  I kept asking volunteers "where do I turn? where do I turn?" and they all just said they didn't know.  Also, for the 45 minute drive up to the mountains to run on trails it sure wasn't much of a trail run. The race I did here in town in the foothills earlier in the month had way more elevation gain.
When I crossed the finish line they announced I was the first female but when the results were posted it showed someone finished in front of me.  Regardless, the race director felt bed about the mess up with the turn around point and let me choose a prize so I got a $25 gift certificate to a local running store.



 photo IMG_4285_zps767fd8e9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment