Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nana's Visit

My mom came to visit shortly after the New Year. It was so nice to have Brooklyn spend time with her Nana and love on her.  It was also nice to have someone here to keep me company while Thomas was at school and working.
We went to pre-school open gym, a play date to do a story nature walk, a yoga class, and my mom did a bunch of handy jobs around our apartment.  My mom and I were able sneak out one day during nap time to see the movie "Saving Mr. Banks".  All of us went out to dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant one night and then to a basque restaurant for their chocolate pudding that is DIVINE!
Nana made cookies with Brooklyn (she also made sure to always have some "choc-ut" in her purse for her).  The stool Brooklyn is standing on is called a learning tower and is a mama's sanity saver. Before getting it if I was in the kitchen doing anything Brooklyn would cry and cry wanting me to hold her.  Now I can put her right up to the counter or sink and she can be right next to me. She also likes to be in front of the bathroom sink and look at herself in the mirror and play in the water, look out the windows, and stand next to light switches to flick them on and off.

 photo IMG_1822_zpsa937d467.jpg

 photo IMG_1819_zps989b6a4a.jpg
Brooklyn says "shake, shake" whenever we use sprinkles or spices.
My mom came at the perfect time. I had been looking for a toy storage organizer with baskets to put Brooklyn's toys. I had a friend who had gotten one from Costco awhile ago but they hadn't had them in stock for a long time. My mom has a Costco membership and we went to check and they had them in stock! Plus she was able to put it together for us.
 photo IMG_1842_zps8635eb60.jpg
Making music with Nana.
 photo IMG_1827_zpse6c5202e.jpg
Nana's little helper
 photo IMG_1826_zps2483370e.jpg
Takes her job seriously.
 photo IMG_1820_zpsde52d7df.jpg
Watching movies of herself on Nana's phone.
 photo IMG_1805_zpsa42efe35.jpg
Tree swing.
 photo IMG_1802_zpsd725aa56.jpg
Kids in snowsuits, so cute!
Loved having my mom here and can't wait for her to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment