Monday, August 12, 2013

27th Birthday

Twenty-seven sounds so old! I know I think that every year about the age I'm turning.
My birthday was on a Monday this year and Thomas ususally isn't home at all that day so we planned to celebrate my birthday the Saturday before.  We got a babysitter and went floating the Boise river for a few hours.  Very relaxing and will definitely try to do another river float before the summer is over.
 photo IMG_0410_zpscec185f1.jpg
Sunny day, prefect to float the river.
That evening we went as a family to get Coldstone icecream (a fruit smoothie for miss dairy-free) and then stopped by some shoe stores to pick out a pair of nude flats I had been wanting.
 photo IMG_0409_zpsf75c531e.jpg
Silly baby playing with Mama's sunglasses at Coldstone.
I was preparing myself on Sunday to just pretend that Monday wasn't my birthday because I didn't want to be dissappointed. Thomas made me feel so special though even when he had school and work.  He got up with Brooklyn in the morning so I could sleep in and made me breakfast.
 photo IMG_0433_zpse61cc394.jpg
New running shoes from my man.
 photo IMG_0434_zps35c953ad.jpg
Love the variety.
Then when he normally has his hour break in between school and work when he studies, he rode his bike home to bring me flowers.  Between his efforts and all the Facebook messages I felt loved and thought of on my birthday.
Brooklyn and I met up with my good friend and old roommate Tess at the nearby city pool later that day as well. A day by the pool with my baby and good friend, I'll take it!
 photo IMG_0421_zps818fcbe5.jpg
Tess and I's pretty little ladies.
 photo IMG_0420_zps1e0d7d03.jpg
They are toddlers now!
 photo IMG_0415_zps2d50b805.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment