Monday, October 31, 2011

Yuck

10/31/11
I was thinking about it the other day and I have been sick for the last 4 weeks and 4 days.  I did not think I would be able to make it this long feeling this crappy.  The vomiting is now down to about 1-2 times a day rather than ALL day which is a huge improvement.  On the 21st of October I woke up and was throwing up every hour and for the previous two days I had only been able to keep one meal down.  At this point I was taking the medicine the doctor prescribed me and it had been helping but once I got into the throwing up cycle it wasn't staying down.
So I called the nurse who talked to the doctor and they wanted me to go to the ER to get an IV.  Long story short is I got the IV to replace lost fluids and with some anti-naseau medicine and talked to the doctor about how to keep the medicine down.  Now I am setting my alarm for twice during the night so I can take the medicine so that when I wake up in the morning I'm not so extremely naseated.
I was wishing the medicine would be a miracle pill like some women say it has been for them but basically it just makes me throw up only 1-2 rather than 6 or more times a day.  (And for that I am thankful).
Eating has really lost its appeal and I can't wait to enjoy it again, hopefully someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment