Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Second Anniversary Weekend

This past weekend we celebrated our 2 year anniversary! It's nice having our anniversary the beginning of September because it falls around labor day (or on Labor day which was the case this year).
Saturday we went downtown to watch a the Spudtown Knockdown Roller derby tournament. My sister Ashley introduced us to Rollerderby in Seattle so we were excited to find that they have a team here in Boise.  We watched 3 bouts and our favorite was the men's.
As the men were warming up we were taking a self portrait and one of the players rolled over and offered to take it for us :) He had the camera the wrong way at first and gave us a nice picture of himself :)
Check out the guy in black booty shorts!

Our derby cameraman



Check out the sparkly green spandex on the guy.

Monday I made my lover boy a yummy breakfast of blueberry french toast and breakfast sausage.
 And my lover boy did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen for me afterwards. :)
We went to nearby Lucky Peak and rode our bikes, played bocci ball, and laid in the cool shade playing Yahtzee on the Kindle.  So relaxing.




On our way we stopped downtown and enjoyed some frozen yogurt.  They have all the fall flavors out now and I love the peach cobbler, pecan, and caramel apple flavors.

That night we headed to a nearby Indian food restaurant.  The food was amazing and we had enough for our lunches the next day too.  Our first date was to an Indian food restaurant so we try to carry on the tradition when we can.
And this was after we had eaten enough so that we were full.
When we got in the car to go home after our anniversary dinner the radio was on our song from our wedding DVD "Then" by Brad Paisley.  So fitting :)

Okay now for the mushy stuff that I just can't keep in about my hubby:
I love that he makes me laugh EVERY single day. He does the funniest voices and expressions and I think he is the silliest around me and I'm the silliest around him.
I love that he knows exactly how to handle me when I am a Mrs. Cranky Pants.  He doesn't get cranky with me.  I can honestly never remember a time he has been cranky with me. 
One way our relationship has grown this past year of marriage is that our love and concern for each other has deepened.  When Thomas is stressed or has something big going on I feel for him in a way I have never felt for anyone except myself (that sounds pathetic but it's true).  I don't know if that makes sense but it's this caring so much for them that you feel like it's you going through the situation.

"What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in
And I'll look at you and say
And I thought I loved you then"

Brad Paisley

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I just caught up on everything on your blog! I want to give that nanny boss a good one two punch!
    Happy Anniversary to you guys! It looks like you guys had an awesome weekend! Sorry we didn't make it to roller derby, it looks hilarious!
    We need to get together! Even during the day if you aren't subing or something.
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete