Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

Thomas and I left Friday afternoon for Boise.  I was taking my spanish Praxis test and we wanted to check out housing.  Friday evening we spent with my old roomie Tess and her little guy Graham. She taught us how to play the domino game Mexican Train and we are pretty much addicted now.  We need to get us some dominoes now. 
Saturday morning I woke up at 5am and thought "crap I didn't bring my make-up"  So before going to my test at 8am I swung by Albertsons to get the basics: mascara, eyeliner, and foundation.  The test was on the computerized and consisted of listening, reading, writing, and speaking sections.  The hardest part was that for the multiple choice questions you only have 20 seconds and then the question dissappears and you can't go back to it.  You sit in this little cubicle and have headphones on.  There were 12 other people taking the test.  It's kind of weird speaking into a little mic while other people are around you.  I feel like I did my best so hopefully that's enough.  I find out next week my score.  If I pass that means I can teach spanish in addition to elementary ed.
After my test Thomas and I headed into downtown Boise to look for housing.  Thomas had researched some options beforehand so we used our GPS to check them out.  Most of the places were in the Boise Bench.  We were so depressed after seeing what there was in our price range.  Scary and trashy are two words that come to mind.  The car ride was silent there for awhile because we just didn't know what to say.  We went to a hotdog/custard place for lunch and then decided to check out a different area on the North End of Boise.  Tess and Ryan had taken us to Camelback Park in the North End while we were there for the St.Luke's 5K this past September.  So we checked that area out and felt much better.  It's still an older area but you can tell that more respectable people live there and the upkeep is better.  It is a little more expensive but we have a couple options of apartment complexes that should fit our budget.
Saturday evening we went to an amazing asian restaurant called Asian Fusion.  Then we went home to play some more Mexican Train.
Sunday we went to church with Tess and Graham.  They had an awesome lesson about work and the importance of work.  Somebody pointed out that the only difference between work and play is our attitude.  It's so true! There was a lady who goes to Tess' church who has run an Ironman and they had her plaque up, so inspiring! Anything really worth doing requires hardwork.  I need to remember that this semester.  The work load is really seeming overwhelming right now.
This Valentine's day made me laugh.  This is Thomas and I's third valentine's day together.  Last year we went to the Indian restaurant were we had our first date (on Valentine's day :) and chaperoned a youth dance.  We were in charge of guarding the doors so kids didn't sneak into other parts of the church to make out.  We grabbed a cup of jelly bellys and did some taste testing ;)
This year we carried on the jelly belly tradition.  We also spent some good quality time getting groceries (Thomas made the list this time and planned the menu for the next two weeks).  After unloading groceries I did homework while Thomas made dinner of corn chowder and bread bowls.  I love it when he cooks, I swear he is a better cook then I am.  After dinner we snuggled on the couch and watched The Bachelor.  I love that Thomas will watch it with me.  We also dipped strawberries and chocolate.

  They were so delicious.  A perfect combination if you ask me.  Thomas gave me the best card that I will keep forever. 


On the front it had written in green "Happy (green) Valentine's Day" and on the inside it said "Because I am Horny for you" haha made me laugh so hard.  Thomas got me a cover with a built in light for my Kindle and I got him some new snowboarding gloves.  It was a lovely v-day.


2 comments:

  1. Haha, that is soooo funny! You two are so cute together.

    Hope you did well on your test!

    ReplyDelete