Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snowboarding


So I've always wanted to learn how to snowboard. This past summer I really started loving wakeboarding. We went out quite a few times with friends who had boats and with the young single adults and I was starting to improve and be able to cross the wake and stay up for a chunk of time. So now that it's winter it is time to do the other kind of boarding!
I borrowed some boots and board from a friend and Thomas had all his own gear. Luckily he had extra pants and gloves and goggles for me to wear. We drove up to White Pass (using my new GPS that he got me for Christmas) and went on the beginner hill. Thomas is such a great teacher. I know that if I were really good I would have just wanted to go to the top of the hill and said "see ya at the bottom". Plus, the snowboard I borrowed wasn't really working out for me the way the bindings were set up so Thomas let me use his board. He is such a nicey. So first he taught me how to go down on my heels and then he taught me to go down on my toes (that was a little trickier since you are going down a hill backwards). Then he taught me to turn and then how to get off the lift. I fell quite a bit and today, the day after, my butt and arms are sore. But it was so much fun!! I loved it. So we are already thinking about getting season passes for next year when we are in Idaho. We have plans to go up again this Friday while we are still on break! So much fun.
On the way home there was an elk feeding station. We stopped for a couple minutes and watched a ton of elk stand around. It was a pretty awesome sight to see like 50+ elk all in one area.

No comments:

Post a Comment