Sunday, December 5, 2010

Running in winter

This week I've actually ran! I haven't in a couple months or so because of the freezing cold weather and instead have opted for Bob and Jillian workout videos in the morning.  On Wednesday, I got out of my Exceptional Students class early so I headed to the gym which is where I have my weight training class.  I was able to hop on the treadmill for about 20 minutes before class started.  Then on Friday since I only have one class I went to the gym directly afterwards and did a bangin interval workout on the treadmill.  1 minute at 2.0 incline and 4.0 speed followed by one minute at 2.0 incline and 8.0 speed for 30 minutes total.  It felt awesome! Then on Saturday I was determined to get in a "long run"  it's funny how depending on where you are in your training depends on how long a "long run" really feels.  If I were half marathon training right now the 5 miles I did on Saturday would have been a short run.  I was really proud of myself because a few times I tried to convince myself to stop at four miles but I knew that I could push through it and I did.  I did sort of intervals with this workout too and it rounded out to about a 9:30 minute miles.  I would run half a mile @ 10min. mile speed, half a mile for 9:30min/mile, and half a mile for 9:00min/mile.  I felt wonderful afterwards.  I'm definetly going to have to sneak to the gym more often to run during the winter.  I find my problem is that now I make time to workout in the morning and it's so much easier to just pop in a workout video then take them time to get ready and drive in the cold to the gym. 
Notice I said "I make time".  I hate it when people tell me "I don't have time to workout".  That's bull, working out just isn't one of your top priorities so you don't make time.  I could totally just sleep in an extra hour everyday and then say that I don't have time.  But that's a lie, I do have the time but I decided to use it to sleep rather than workout.  I promise myself I will never make the excuse that I don't have time... promise.

1 comment:

  1. Geez! you had a good workout! :)
    I do running/jogging for 5ish minutes (That's as long as I can go right now, I'm a beginner) and then I walk for a while! My goal is to decrease the walking time and increase the running time! :)
    Awesome little picture btw!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete