Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy/Sad

What makes me happy:
I passed the PRAXIS exams!!! In order to be an elementary teacher you have to take two tests, Elementary Ed. Content Knowledge and Principles of Teaching Learning.  I passed the content knowledge test with a 182/200 and they sent me a nice little certificate saying I was in the top 15% of test takers :)


Too bad they didn't give you your money back as a little prize :) Those tests are pricey.  I had felt pretty good about the PLT test but when I found out how I did on the content knowledge which I hadn't felt that great about I started psyching myself out.  But I am happy to report I got a 198 out of 200 on the PLT!!!! Yay! We are going to eat mexican food tonight and frozen yogurt to celebrate and then watch the season finale of The Biggest Loser.  Can't wait.
Thomas and I did a little Bob Harper workout today.  On his cardio DVD there is a 25 minute Butt and Balance workout.  It get's a good bod burn going.  Then we did a little ab ball workout.  Feeling good :)
What makes me sad:
I got to my car today after class and there was a parking ticket! It was only $10 but I was ticked.  The reason why was because the decal was attached with some tape.  We got a new car a month or so ago so we switched the decal to the new car.  I had made sure to go to the parking services office and switch the information to the new car.  The guy was going to charge me for a new decal but I told him we still had the other one and he said okay.  Well apparently you can't tape the decals on.  I was sooooooooo mad! So I find that same guy at the office and kind of angrily explain to him what happened.  And then I start to cry.  I have no idea why! Okay maybe it's becuase it's finals week and that was just one more thing to add to my stress.  But the guy felt really bad and started telling me how one of his teachers brought a guitar to class and sang Free Falling while the whole class screamed and how that really helped.  Haha. But what made me stop crying is when he told me he'd take the fine off my account and he gave me a temporary parking pass full day of the semester.  This school thing makes me an emotional person.  For like the last 10 years I have seriously only cried twice every year.  Now I have cried like three times in the last three months. I will say that it does feel good to just cry and get the emotions out rather than stew over them.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for passing your Praxis exam. I shouted it from the rooftops when I found out I passed the SLP praxis exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Linds! Haha, the crying thing is so true, BYU-I must bring out the emotional in people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I cry like twice a week!! CONGRATS!! Those stinkin' tests are SO expensive. Thank you for sharing your story with me.....you are an inspiration to me:)

    ReplyDelete