Friday, December 3, 2010

The Holiday Season

Here are the highlights of our Thanksgiving Break:
-Driving 15 hours to get back to Idaho when it normally only takes 11.
-Playing Wii biking, table tennis, and bowling.
-Black Friday shopping for the first time with my mom- I was very proud of my purchases.  Our first stop was Michaels at 8:30pm Thanksgiving night.  I got beautiful, bright christmas tree ornaments and ribbons for the tree for a grand total of $25! Next stop around 11:30pm was Wal-mart. We were ready in line with our purchases by 12pm when they opened up the registers.  After Wal-mart we went home till 3:30am and I did a little online shopping.  After that we stood in line for a half hour in the freezing cold outside of Target.  At Target I got a pre-lit 6-foot Christmas tree for $25 and a microwave for $33.  After Target we went to Big 5 and then finally arrived home at 6am.  And I slept until 2pm:)
-We celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday since my Dad had to work Thanksgiving day and Thomas had to head back to Idaho.  Our family has the tradition of going to a movie on Thanksgiving day.  This year we saw the Harry Potter movie.  I haven't read any of the books or seen all of the movies so I'm sure a lot was lost on me, but still a good movie. 
- Thanksgiving day we went to the hospital where my Dad works and had dinner with him in the cafeteria.  I was a little nervous to eat in a hospital cafeteria but it was actually pretty good. 
- My best friend from high school and her hubby Rob and their 2 month old baby Collin came to chat and have a little game night at my parents house.  Collin is such a cutie and I'm so glad that I got to see their little family. 
- I worked out 4 out of 6 days in Washington.  Very happy about that. 
- On the way to Washington we spent the night with my friend/old roomie Tess in Boise.  Love her and I love that we live closer and are able to see her family more often.  They are so generous to let us come at all ours of the night and crash at their place.
- It was soooooo nice not worrying about school and not having anything that I HAD to do for a whole week!
It is always nice to get back into routine once vacation is over.  Here is what has happened since being back:
- Lots of projects and tests in my classes.
-Put up the Christmas tree!

I learned how to fold the bow topper from an online video.


-Thomas and I went on a date to Idaho Falls to see The Forgotten Carols play.  So nice.  I had been before but I feel like this year the singers/actors were exceptional and I swear they changed the play up a bit. 
- We have half of our Christmas cards sent out and are almost done addressing the second half. 
- Thomas and mine schedule's have been pretty much opposite this whole week so the day that he had off he came with me to a forum about classroom motivation and management for two hours.  He's such a trooper :)

1 comment:

  1. Wii Biking? how does that work?
    Oh and your tree is decorated so nicely!
    You didn't exactly say, but did you enjoy black friday at all?
    Have fun with the Christmas Cards! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete