Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let's try this snowboarding thing again

Thomas has had a cold the last couple days so we weren't sure if we would be going snowboarding today but we did! Last night he told me that he still wanted me to go so if he didn't feel well he'd just sit in the lodge while I boarded. There is no way that I would go snowboarding by myself.  I know my husband has before and other guys have but I would never. I like to have somebody to talk to and share the experience with. I wonder if it's a male/female thing. 

We went to a place that's about 30 minutes away called Kelly Canyon.  We weren't sure it would be that great because it doesn't seem like there are high enough mountains that close to us.  But it was a great mountain with four lifts and plenty of different runs to go down. 
I was a much happier camper this time.  I just let myself have fun and didn't worry about not being as good as Thomas and as a result I think I naturally improved a bit.  I felt more comfortable going down flat without breaking on my heels and I was able to get some speed and didn't have many falls at all.  Last time I was extremely sore pretty much immediatly afterwards, like more sore than having just ran a marathon.  This time I feel great! We went for the half day which is 12:30-4:30pm and that was just perfect with a little lodge/hot chocolate break somewhere in between.
It was 12 degrees today! Freezing! I wore an earwarmer headband and a beanie to keep my ears warm and a thin pair of gloves plus my snowboarding gloves to keep my hands warm. Luckily my new snowboarding outfit rocks and kept me warm.  My face was the coldest thing but once I zipped the coat up all the way it covered up to my nose.
I'm starting to see little improvements so I am excited to see how much I can improve by the end of the snowboarding season.

No comments:

Post a Comment