Thursday, December 9, 2010

I heart ZUMBA!!

This week I just wasn't feeling like doing workout videos.  So instead I tried some workout classes at the gym on campus.  Monday I went to a kickboxing class.  The first warning sign to me was that it was like two minutes til class started and there were only three other people there. When there aren't many people at a class that says something. The first girl was singing some song at the top of her lungs and had her shorts rolled and her shirt tucked into her shorts.  She then proceeds to get three excersice balls, line them up, and then run across the room at them and roll on her stomach across all three. I left after I saw that.  So I got in a good cardio workout with 30 minutes on the stairmaster, 10 on the elliptical, and 10 on the treadmill. 
Tuesday I went to my first ever zumba class.  I heart zumba!! I can't believe that I haven't tried it before.  Well actually I can.  I have no rythm and can not dance for the life of me.  But some girls in my math class were raving about it so another girl asked me to go with her.  I also invited my friend Karlee and we all absolutely loved it.  I am picky about the classes I go to because I want to get just as good as or a better workout than I could do on my own.  This zumba class is taught by a guy from belgium and he is wonderful.  Plus the class is so packed it doesn't matter at all that I look like a fool.  I was definetly sweaty afterwards and I was smiling the whole time becuase it is so much fun.  LOVE ZUMBA!!!
Wednesday was another attempt at a class that failed.  Karlee and I met to go to cycling but the instructor was sick.  We did our own little class and took turns choosing what we did. 
And tonight was another wonderfully fun Zumba class.  I would totally recommend this to anybody.  The workout will fly by, you will have so much fun.  Just don't be embarrassed and give it a shot.

3 comments:

  1. hahah that girls was so strange!
    What exactly is Zumba? Just aerobic dancing?
    I've done that kind of before in the form of a class called "Groove" I loved it, and I was super glad I took dance for 5+ years! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zumba too! I wish they had it at different times! It always conflicts with my stupid group meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am so happy you wrote this! I have been thinking about trying zumba so that I have options in the winter when I don't feel like freezing my butt off to run!! I was pretty sure I would like it since I love dancing, but I wasn't sure how good of a workout it would be. I trust your workout opinion though, so I'm totally gonna try it :)

    ReplyDelete