Monday, December 27, 2010

Raquetball and New Cookbook

I loved today.  This morning Thomas and I went and played raquetball at the gym.  I couldn't believe how out of shape I felt.  Raquetball requires totally different muscles than I am use to using.  I loved it though and got nice and sweaty.  After playing for about 40 minutes we went for a mile run around campus.  I love working out with my lover.
After working out we showered off all the sweat and headed to the grocery store.  We were seriously in need of groceries after being gone to Washington for a week.  Sunday night I made a menu plan using all recipes from a Smart Cooking the Costco Way cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas.  I love the recipes! Tonight we had a steak stir fry which was delish.  I'm not a huge stir fry fan but this one had an awesome sauce that really made the dish.  Another thing I like about the cookbook is that it gives tons of salad recipes and salsa recipes to use as toppings for your salads.  I have two new goals for myself: one is to eat more veggies by having a salad for lunch every day and the second is to drink two glasses of water with each meal.  Small little changes that will make a healthier me.  This is the first time I divided up the grocery list into sections: Fruits/Veggies, Bread, Meat, Dairy, and Canned Items.  Dividing the list up this way made grocery shopping quick and easy. 
After the grocery store we rushed home to put groceries away and then headed to the movie theater to see Tangled.  LOVED IT!!! It's my new favorite Disney movie (Disney did a great job for it's 50th animated film). I am planning on getting the DVD and the soundtrack when it comes out.  There was a variety of people at the show and everybody seemed to like it kids, adults, men, women, everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Man y'all worked out hard. I have never played racquetball, but I know TJ has. Maybe that is something that we can start doing! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete