Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nap Time

I love this picture! My dad took it over Thanksgiving break. When I first started watching my nephew Alex at the beginning of fall semester he would cry and cry when I put him down for his nap in his pack n play.  I tried to make a routine for him so I would read two books and sing two songs and then put him down.  He still ended up crying.  I would leave the door open because I think he was afraid of being shut in a room all by himself.  Usually he would cry a little and then fall asleep.  I hated having him cry though.  So after awhile I just started laying down with him on the couch and after about 10 minutes he would fall asleep. He first drinks his bottle and then when he finishes he'll try and be silly to keep himself awake by making himself laugh and pointing at things around the room.  Then he'll try and cry but if you just wrap your arm around him and sing he'll fall asleep pretty quick. 
Over the thanksgiving and christmas breaks his nap schedule gets a little messed up so he gets to be a Mr. Cranky pants sometimes.  I liked to lay down with him and apparently this time I fell asleep.  My dad cam in to check on us and snapped this picture with his camera.  I love that Alex's pants are unbuttoned like he just ate a big meal :)

1 comment: