Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New home decor and haircut

I'm ready for school to start so I can get the semester over! Plus it's lonely with the hubby working and being at home.  I was thinking how it's weird that once you are married that you can't really just hang out with a girl friend, cause now most of my friends are couple friends so it's weird to hang out with one half of the couple and not the other (maybe it's just me).
To keep myself busy the past couple days I have:
Got my hair cut and highlighted. I decided to try a new hairdresser.  I really liked my old one, she is super nice and we chat away the whole time but I didn't like how my hair seemed greasy afterwards and wasn't styled how I liked it.  So I would just go home and shower right away and re-do it myself.  One of my friend Karlee has adorable hair so I asked who she went to and set up and appointment with Ali.  I  really liked her.  She was quick (2 hours for a highlight, cut, shampoo, and style) and reasonably priced ($80).  Also I liked how she styled it afterwards and she pretty much nailed the color.  It's a little darker than I like but it always fades a bit.  The highlights are super subtle which I love.

Went shopping in Idaho Falls where they actually have a mall. Here we just have a Walmart.  I was looking for some skinny jeans and some pillows to go on our new couch covers.  I didn't find any skinny jeans I liked but I did find some adorable pillows from bed bath and beyond for $20 for a set of two.  I got a set of black pillows and a set of spring green ones. Funny how once you have your own place you want to make it look cute and it's fun shopping for decor. 

Once I got done shopping I started un-decorating.  It is kind of nice having everything put away and the house being back to normal.
We are planning on going snowboarding tomorrow for a half day at a place we haven't been before! I have to remind myself "I will not be so hard on myself!" I'm planning on doing my best and having fun with my lover while getting some good exercise.

1 comment: