Friday, April 16, 2010

The Good Stuff


Do you watch Biggest Loser? Don't you love it when they do those cheesy advertisements during the show and try to make them look all natural? For example: Bob says: "Hey Stephanie come on over here. I notice you have a really big sweet tooth. Have you ever thought of choosing Extra Fruit Sensations Sweet Tropical gum to get rid of that craving? It's only five calories and studies have shown that when you chew gum you are less likely to indulge in your cravings! That's why in the Biggest Loser house we ALWAYS have a bowl filled with Extra sugar free five calorie gum." So funny! Well I'm totally going to advertise for Costco right now. They have a wonderful cookbook called Favorite Recipes The Costco Way. I borrowed it from my mom and we absolutely love the recipes. Of course they put in there that you are supposed to buy the Costco brand of stuff but we are Wal-Mart grocery shoppers and it works. We don't have enough peeps in our fam yet to buy Costco bulk. So this past week was Costco recipe week. There was one unfortunate recipe that was gross which I won't list but the rest were ones we will definitely repeat.
Tilapia Parmesan:


Breakfast Tacos:
Chicken and Pineapple Pizza:
Cheesy Stuffed Peppers:
Southwest Potatoes and Chicken:

The following recipe is from Safeway's website. I looked under the recipes that you can make in less then thirty minutes.
Cajun Chicken Pasta: So Delicious!!! We highly recommend it! It seriously tastes like something from Olive Garden and it only takes 30 minutes to make! It looks like a ton of ingredients but most are spices.
Ingredients
  • 4 ounces linguine pasta
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
  • 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 green onion, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese


Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
  3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
  4. In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog!! I am so glad you commented so that I could come read yours :)

    My next couple of races are not PR-material. I am using my mid-May 1/2 as a training run, and my June 1/2 is SOOO hilly that I am praying I finish under 2:15 haha! My big goal race is going to end up being Chicago in September...we'll see!! I'd love to be under 2!

    I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete