Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekend round up

I need to start taking more pictures to document our adventures but when you are in between sizes and can't fit in your old clothes and maternity clothes you don't really feel like being photographed. 
It's been a fun weekend starting with Friday when our new neighbor who is also in our ward and has a little girl one day younger than Brooklyn came over and her and I were able to chat and compare labor stories and new mom things.  I'm so glad to have three friends here in Boise who all have new babies so that I can get advice.
My friend Lyndsay and I have been going on Thursday's to New Mom's Group.  It's run by a St. Luke's nurse and this last week it was on play and sleep.  I like being able to ask the nurse questions (like why my baby is only pooping once a week!!?!) and get ideas from other new moms.
Lyndsay and I also went to yoga in the park this morning.  It was a teacher who taught Bikram style which is a style I really like.  Lyndsay and I were a little giggly because of our inflexibility and inability to lie on our stomachs because of our breastfeeding boobs.  Haha
After yoga I came home to my two loves cuddling together on the bed.  I went up to Brooklyn's face and was talking to her and she gave me the biggest smile! Thomas said she had been doing it all morning.  Later this afternoon she did the same thing.  It was an actual smile in response to something rather than just a dream smile! Seriously brought tears to my eyes. We tried to get it on video but no dice.  We'll keep trying.
This afternoon we went to a fun little outdoor carnival that Lyndsay's husband's work DirecTv put on for employee's and their families/friends.  There were bounce houses, mechanical bull, BBQ, free soft serve ice cream truck, free cotton candy, BINGO, and a green screen to take pictures.  Brooklyn did awesome and just had a little meltdown on the way home cause she needed some cuddles. 
Brooklyn and I both love having two days to spend with our main man and having lots of cuddle time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment