Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Doctor's Visit

Monday the 4th we took Brooklyn to her newborn doctor's appointment.  The doctor we chose is a family practice doctor and her office is right down the street from us.  This was our first time meeting her and we were very impressed.  She was really gentle with Brooklyn and gave us a lot of good information and didn't seemed rushed at all.

Brooklyn gained back the weight she had lost in the first week and then some.  She was 7lbs 14oz on Monday.  They measured her and she supposedly was 19 3/4 inches (which is funny since she was 20 inches at birth).  They pricked her heel for some test and I just fed her while they did it and she didn't even flinch or cry.


Both Thomas and my mom were there for the appointment.  I am making sure to schedule appointments so Thomas will be there just in case I can't handle the shots.

1 comment:

  1. The shots were always too much for Jeremy, so he never goes with me. Lol. I'm glad she didn't react negatively when she had to prick her feet. PKU tests? I would imagine that you're nursing her, so a good idea after any shot and she is upset... nurse her. It'll help her calm down quicker.

    ReplyDelete