Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life so far with a baby

I just feel like I want to record every day of this little girl's life! I already have this feeling that time is going to go by too fast and I want to remember and hold on to every little minute.
Brooklyn sleeps really well through the night.  I usually end up waking her up every 3-4 hours for her to eat and then she'll go back to sleep.  We have a cute little bassinet next to our bed but she ends up sleeping with us.  I just like having her close and she falls back asleep faster.
So far we have gone on a couple outings with her and she has done great.  We took a trip to Costco and she stayed covered up in her carseat and asleep the whole time.
We also took a walk with her stroller to Powell's candy store with my mom and sister.  She was wanting to suck and so it was pretty funny seeing me push the stroller while Thomas was stooped over the side giving her his finger to suck on (we are waiting for a few weeks to give her a pacifier).  On the way home we just ended up holding her cause she wasn't liking the stroller.  I was really worried that she was getting too much sun and wishing I had a hat for her but she was fine.



Last night we walked to the frozen yogurt shop down the road with Thomas' parents and we used the Moby wrap.  She LOVED the Moby wrap and was just passed out the whole time. She loves to be swaddled so it isn't a huge suprise she liked the tightness of the Moby wrap.  We are so glad that we took The Happiest Baby on the Block class (well I went and then showed Thomas the DVD since he had to work that night).  It teaches you the 5 S's for calming babies. Swaddling, sh-ing, sucking, swinging, side/stomach position. Thomas is really good at swaddling and sh-ing.
I love her little piglet grunts that she does sometimes it's pretty darn adorable.
I asked Thomas for some input on things we want to record about her first week home and he wanted me to record this: A couple nights ago we just had to laugh because we kept changing her diaper and then she would have another poopy a little while later.  Thomas was staying up with her to get her to sleep after I fed her and he said she had 6-7 poopy diapers in a couple hours. Haha.

It's been fun having my mom, sister Bea, nephew Emmett, and in-laws visit and love on our little girl.

 Last night we played the game Bean Boozled with my in-laws and Bea.  We found it at Powell's candy shop and thought it would be entertaining.  There are a bunch of different Jelly Belly's and you spin the board and then choose one of that color.  It supposedly can be either a good tasting flavor or a nasty one.  We played that you got points for each person you fooled into thinking it was the opposite of the flavor you had and you got points if you guest the flavor the person tasting had.  The worst tasting flavors were skunk and barf.  Seriously so gross! And it turned out that none of the 20 or so Jelly Belly's that we tried were good tasting ones!
I haven't really been too overly emotional but the other night while I was feeding her I just cried and cried thinking about her growing up and anything ever hurting her.  That's the scary part of being a mom.
I just love this little Brooky bear so much!
First time in the swing (she lasted about a minute and then wanted her daddy)

2 comments:

  1. Some other s's that I learned about when a baby is upset were soiled and sleepy. Looks like you're doing an amazing job! And because babies grow so quickly, you'll continue to feel guilty about missing little moments. As long as you try to give her unconditional love, then you're already a successful parent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute linds! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete