Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Brooklyn and I gave Thomas his present yesterday and his card today.  He had been talking about wanting a cover for the BBQ we got from my parents that had been Bea and Ivan's and some BBQ tools.  When Brooklyn and I went out earlier in the week she had been screaming a bunch so I had grabbed the first ones I saw.  Since on Saturday we were going to be out shopping I figured he could exchange them for another brand if he wanted, plus then we were able to use his tools to BBQ for dinner Saturday night. 


Sunday we gave him his first Father's Day card.  Thomas has had some good snuggling time with Brooklyn while I prepare a week's worth of freezer meals.  I tried making dinner earlier in the week and it just wasn't possible so for the next little while the plan is just to make a bunch of meals I can freeze on the weekends when Thomas can take care of Brooklyn. 

Brooklyn was dressed in her "Daddy's Sweetie" onesie and her "I heart Daddy" socks today in honor of Father's Day :)
Her hair is getting long! After we gave her a bath yesterday it was just sticking straight up and looked so long! I also noticed today that her eyelashes are growing.  They surprised me how short they were when she was born but a couple people told me they would probably grow and sure enough they are.
We gave her a pacifier for the first time yesterday.  She screams big time when she is in her carseat and since we had a bunch of running around to do we decided to try it out.  It worked! No screaming in the car seat.  The binky is attached to a little giraffe and it's called a "wub-a-nub".  Since it is attached to the animal when it falls out it doesn't get lost and the baby is better able to find it to put it back in their mouth.  A co-worker of Thomas' suggested it and we think it's super nice and so cute when she wraps her little arms around her giraffe.

2 comments:

  1. She is so absolutely, incredibly adorable! Straight from heaven <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, Blaine got nipple confusion once we gave him the binkie and he's not able to nurse anymore...

    ReplyDelete