Saturday, September 24, 2011

Surprise

9/19/11
We found out today that we are going to have a baby! Both Thomas and I agree that it doesn't feel real.  We have been talking about the timing now for awhile and thought it would be perfect if I could be about 12 weeks along when we tell our families so we can do so at Thanksgiving time.

I had actually taken a pregnancy test a few days ago and it was negative.  Then I took one yesterday and it seemed to be negative but I could see a very faint second line.  So today I took one as well (another dollar store one) and saw another faint line although a little bit darker than yesterday's.  Thomas was at school and coming home for lunch so I walked over to Target to get a Clear Blue digital test that actually says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant".  It said it was supposed to take five minutes for the results to show up but sometimes it could appear in less than a minute.  In about a minute I read the words "Pregnant"! I was all alone in our apartment but I know I said out loud "Oh my gosh!" a few times and jumped up and down.
When Thomas got home I told him I had three exciting things to tell him.  He was putting his bike on the balcony and stopped for a minute and I could kind of tell in his eyes he had an idea what I would say.  I said "One, we got tickets to the BSU game.  Two, our realtor is able to meet us to see a house we were interested in viewing. Three..." And he interrupted and said "You're pregnant!" Then we hugged and kissed.
Throughout the day we just both kept mentioning how it seems so unreal and weird :) But a good weird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment