Sunday, September 11, 2011

Old and New Friends

I found out at facebook awhile ago that one of my elementary school friends and her husband are living here in Boise too.  We have been trying to get together but haven't been successful because of different work schedules.  Finally this weekend we were able to double date with our husbands!
We met at the BSU student union building and bowled and chatted our little hearts out.  After one game we decided we might as well go get dessert somewhere and continue chatting since we were really more into the chatting then the bowling.  (Although I love that bowling on campus was smoke free and cheap). We went to AppleBee's and continued having a good time.

This was what I got and it was delish! Totally reminded me of my fave dessert on the Carnival Cruise for our honeymoon.

My friends' name is Lyndsay as well and she had been a nanny for 4 years in New York and is nannying part time now.  She shared with me some of her horror stories and I was totally able to relate with my recent nanny horror story.  Sounds like in the nanny world it's pretty common to get some crazies.  Her first job lasted a week and she flew all the way to NY from Idaho only to find out that some of the things the people had promised her they didn't do, like having a car for her, or paying her as much as they said they would.  When she told them she was quitting the guy wouldn't let her get her luggage from the attic and demanded her paycheck back and chased her down the street.  She only had met one person in NY and called her and luckily she was able to pick her up and let her spend the week with her til she found another job.  Crazy, Crazy!
It felt so nice to be able to hang out with friends.  The past couple weekends I've been a bit sad just cause we really don't have anybody to hang out with and I think after this summer and being around family so much it's humbling to just kind of be on our own (together of course). I'm always grateful to have my lover boy to be with though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment