Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sheena's Bachelorette Party

Thanks for everybody's support on my last post about not getting the job.  Sometimes we want to keep our hard times to ourselves to avoid embarrassment or to put on a good face but it felt so good to feel people's support and encouragement.
I was actually supposed to hear back from them this past Friday and was kind of annoyed that I didn't cause my stomach was in knots all day but I'm glad that I didn't because I had an AMAZING weekend.
One of my companions from my mission, Adele, came from Australia for another girls from our mission, Sheena's, wedding this next week.

I love Adele! She is just one of those people who is so easy to get along with and always happy and so fun to laugh with.  Adele, Thomas, and I went to a Seattle Mariner's game Saturday afternoon.  I thought it was kind of ironic taking her to the game of a team who had just gotten done with a 17 game losing streak.

But we were happy to be there chatting and catching up and they ended up winning against the Tampa Bay Ray's.  Adele was excited to go because it was "a very American thing to do" since they don't really have baseball in Australia.  Adele brought Thomas and I some Australian "lollies" (I love that she says that).  The Tim Tams were our faves:)

After the game we headed to downtown Seattle to do a little shopping. We needed to get Sheena a wedding and bachelorette gift and get some clothes for the party that night.  Thomas was a trooper and followed us around Macy's and Nordstrom Rack.

We had a funny little experience with the check out clerk at Macy's.  We went in on Sheena's gift together and were just going to split the bill in half. Adele was paying in cash and I was paying with a debit card.  The cashier lady was like "okay your total is $64.89" and we explained to her we would be splitting it. She then proceeded to get our her calculator and say "okay 64.89 minus one half?" And then kind of just looked at Adele for reassurance and Adele was like "Um you just divide by two".  I couldn't keep myself from laughing and the cashier was like "oh my gosh please don't tell anyone I said that, they'll think I'm stupid."  And then it took another 15 minutes for her to get cash from another register and finish ringing us up.  Adele was like "I wanted to be like, in Australia we acually have cash in the cash registers".  Haha she definietly got to see some rude Americans in Seattle.  We were trying to take a picture in front of the Pike's Place Market sign and she asked a passerby if she would take a picture. The girl stopped and kind of stared at her like she didn't understand her accent and so I repeated the question.  Then the girl was like "Um no I can't I'm kind of in a hurry". 

Then there was the Sea Fair parade going through downtown Seattle and of course all the crazies came out for that.  Like the lady wearing a see through white wife beater with no bra and saggy boobs waving a 5 foot pirates flag around randomly :)


After our little downtown Seattle excitement Thomas dropped Adele and I off for the bachelorette party.  Sheena's friend Monica had reserved a room for us at the Westin in downtown Seattle.  We all met there around 8:30pm to get ready for the night.  It was so great seeing Sheena, since I haven't seen her in 3 years or so.  I just was roommates with her on the mission and we always had such a blast.  The other three girls that were there I hadn't met before but we all hit it off right away.  We went to dinner at a downtown Seattle restaurant called The Pink Door.


It's an italian place and they have a burlesque show you can pay to see and a couple nights a week they have a trapeze artist.  We spent hours laughing and talking about girly stuff.

We got back to our hotel around 12:30am to drop off our bags before going out dancing.  But as we took our heels off to rest for a bit we all just talked, and talked, and talked and never ended up leaving the hotel again.  We were up til 4am! I don't remember the last time I stayed up that late, it was probably in high school. Sheena's fiance got a call at like 3:30 in the morning and we all thought it was hilarious to have someone whisper "1, 2, 3" and then we would all scream "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Lack of sleep will make you "punchy" as my mom says.

It was so great to be able to meet new friends and just reconnect and feel that great bond with old friends.  It's so awesome to have friends that you can be apart from for years and when you get back together you pick up right where you left off. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the punchy, hahahhaha oh don't I know. I love old compy's! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent my Mum the link to this post because she was so deprived of updates for a little bit when things got busy towards the end of my trip. Great wrap up of our awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete