Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bike, Yoga, Bike


My normal yoga buddy, Tess, wasn't able to go to yoga in the park today so Thomas said he would go with me.  But he didn't actually do the yoga he just went with me.  Silly guy, it probably would have been more interesting participating than sitting on a park bench and playing cell phone games :)
We are trying to save on gas since it is so expensive and we want to cut back somehow so we rode our bikes the ten miles to the park for yoga.  6.5 of those miles were on the green belt so it went really quick.  I was amazed by the two 60 year old guys in front of me who were so much more flexible than I probably ever will be.
Getting my down dog on (I'm in the light pink top)

It felt great doing yoga again since I haven't done it in a couple weeks.  I've decided I like going to different teachers because then it keeps you on your toes and you don't know what to expect so you have to really concentrate. 
Sun Salutations

Thomas got some nice shots of us yogis.  He was kind of embarrassed to do it because he felt like a creep. But he did it very subtly :) After the one hour yoga session we biked 10 miles back.  Great workout and great way to start the weekend.
   
Fish Pose

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! missed going this morning :( I should have just brought Graham, you know how he likes to sit still and all.
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. @smitters
    You totally should have brought Graham :) and Lars too they could have sat quietly together.

    ReplyDelete