Saturday, June 4, 2011

Perfect Saturday


Such a great Saturday.  This morning Tess and I went to yoga in the park.  Each week the local Lululemon store has a local yoga teacher teach a one hour class at the park in front of the Boise Capitol Building.

On the way over to the park I was telling Tess how I was doing a video from Yogadownload.com and it started with a bunch of "Om's" and chanting and I couldn't help but laugh.  I was also telling her about an article I read about doing yoga when you are pregnant.  We got to the park and our instructor was pregnant :) And we started off with some "Om's".  We both had to try not to laugh.  I forgot what type of yoga it was but it focuses on community so some of the moves like the toe loft you are in a line and your partner holds your leg up for you.

It was actually really cool and I loved feeling the sun on my face as I "practiced".  (That's a yoga term they use) When we first go to the park the instructors husband was chatting with us and asked us how long we had been practicing for and where we practice at.  I'm always embarrassed to say that I started off doing Bob and Jillian yoga videos cause these people are hardcore.  But I love the earthy, granola-ness of the yoga community and how excepting they are.  The other weekend Thomas and I went to a bike store and the guy there wasn't very helpful or nice I think because he knew we weren't hardcore.  Yogi's on the other hand are very excepting and welcoming.  This guy was telling us that they aren't finding out the sex of their baby til it's born and they are having a home birth.  Love it.
After yoga Thomas met me at the park and we went to the downtown farmer's market.  I was on the hunt for goat cheese since we had tried some last weekend at my sister's.  We found some and had it and crackers for lunch today.
There was a one mile run going on downtown for kids and we decided to stick around the finisher's chute and watch the kids finish.  As soon as these little girls started finishing I just bawled my eyes out! It was so unexpected. But it really touched me that all these little girls were running there little hearts out and they had the biggest smiles on their faces as their families and complete strangers cheered for them.  Then towards the end there were a bunch of little kids with disabilities and the waterworks started again.  There was one little girl who had a big limp and was walking but when everyone started cheering her on she put on this HUGE smiled and ran her little heart.  Those little girls were running for the purest reasons: for fun and enjoyment and to make themselves and their families proud.  So adorable.  Thomas hugged me and kind of chuckled and said "Babe we don't even have a kid running this race and you're crying!"  Haha it seems I'm going to be really embarrassing some day at my kids sporting events.
Thomas and I are now off to lay by the pool and catch some rays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment