Sunday, May 22, 2011

Student Teaching Week #6

I love weekends.  Friday night Thomas picked me up from school and we headed to the foothills for a 5 mile run.  It sucked! First of all because it's all up hill and dirt but we both just felt so tired.  I was ticked at those darn hills! We made it through though and headed over to USwirl frozen yogurt, our new favorite frozen yogurt shop.  I found my favorite combo: coconut and mango peach swirl with cherries and mini gummy bears.  Delish!
Saturday I went with Tess to hot yoga.  Yoga is now an important part of my weekly workouts.  I try to do one workout video during the week and then go to a class on the weekend.  I honestly feel like it has improved my running and it really helps with soreness and tight muscles from stress.  Once I got home from yoga Thomas and I went around our neighborhood because the HOA organized a neighborhood garage sale.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day out and we had fun walking around checking out what people had.  The neighborhoods here are huge and they all have names.  So people will commonly say "I live in Hobble Creek neighborhood".  We ended up getting a pretty much brand new snowboarding jacket for Thomas for $20. 
I have been really wanting to get a bike that I can use for duathalons or sprint triathalons and some people we ran in to at a garage sale suggested a bike shop here close by.  We stopped by and chatted a bit but it wasn't too much help.  It's kind of scary getting in to a new sport you know nothing about.  I hardly know anything about bikes but am starting to get an idea of what I want.  I want to be able to use it on dirt trails but also on the road so I'm thinking about a hybrid bike like these:


I had an 11-miler this weekend and was on my own.  I did a big no-no and didn't eat before running so about 25 minutes into the run I was starving! I had brought along some sharkies but wasn't planning on eating them til 6 miles in but I dug in at mile 2.5.  I was planning on taking the greenbelt the whole way but after three miles it was closed because the river is too high.  So I took one of the main roads pretty much right into downtown Boise.  Mentally it was a tough run but I maintained about a 9 minute mile the whole way.  My goal for this next half marathon is to maintain an 8:45 pace the whole way. 
Our pool opens this next Friday but Thomas and I went out this evening and layed out for about an hour.  The weather is just perfect and I ended up dozing off outside laying on my towel. 
Wonderful weekend! This week should be exciting, we have our third grade program and so Monday and Tuesday we will be practicing the last half of the day and Wednesday all day and then the program is Wednesday night.  Since it is a performing arts school the program is a huge deal. We have somebody record it and sell BluRay DVD's of the performance and the props are big, detailed, and very creative. 
The school district's levy did not pass so it doesn't look like they will be hiring at my school.  I'm bummed about it cause I love my school so much but I've started applying to other teaching jobs around the area.  Crazy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Linds!!! I'm coming over for Walker's wedding. I'll be in Washington from the 27th of July til the 7th of August... any chance you can come home sometime then?? email me please adele.reyes@gmail.com
    I hope I get to see you!! xx

    ReplyDelete