Sunday, June 12, 2011

Springtime

I can't say enough how much I LOVE weekends! Friday, Thomas had to work late so I took my time at school preparing for the coming week and getting report cards done.  I got home around 6pm and took my time relaxing before I went on a 6 mile run.  The taper now begins till the half marathon next weekend.  I can't wait! This weekend there was a half Ironman here in Boise and it was all everybody talked about. Thomas and I ran 6 miles Saturday morning and we could see some of the transition areas and mile markers.  Also Friday night I put on some relaxing music from Pandora and spent a couple hours cleaning the apartment.  I love having a clean apartment.
Before going on a run Saturday, Tess and I went to another yoga in the park class.  Even though it means waking up a little earlier than I normally would on Saturdays, I am actually excited to go to yoga Saturday mornings.
The rest of Saturday was spent running around going grocery shopping and other errands.  I finally got a new cell phone, in fact my old one was so old said he thinks it was the first slider phone they came out with.  While going grocery shopping Thomas and I saw the ingredients for smore's and decided to get some.  We got chocolate flavored marshmallows. 

I wouldn't recommend them cause they leave a weird aftertaste but Thomas just thought the tasted normal.  Thomas fired up the grill and we roasted them outside on our porch.




 After church today we relaxed at the apartment for a bit and then headed out to Ann Morrison Park for some frisbee golf. 





We bought another driver this weekend so we both would had one.  Thomas calls frisbee golf "poor man's golf".  Haha there have been a ton of people out every time we have gone. The course is about 20 holes and last week we started about halfway through.  Today we started from the beginning and played till about hole 10.  Then we went for a little stroll along the greenbelt that goes along the Boise river.  Such a beautiful spring evening.

1 comment:

  1. My back was sore today from Yoga. Was yours? I love weekends too! We were at the greenbelt too this evening but we were over in Eagle. I am loving this weather! Happy last week of school!

    -Tess

    ReplyDelete